Party Wall Awards

Experienced party wall surveyors

Party wall surveyors

If you need experienced party wall surveyors to advise on party wall matters, 
then please call Home Counties Inspections Ltd today on 
 0203 829 9835

Party wall work

The Party Wall Etc Act 1996

This provides the framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings. 

If you intend to carry out building work which involves an existing wall shared with another property, or building on or near the boundary with a neighbouring property; or excavating near a neighbouring building, it is likely that the work will be covered by the Act. If it is, then you must notify all adjoining owners (which includes freeholders and leaseholders, but not tenants) whose property may be affected.

Getting advice

Home Counties Inspections Ltd has party wall surveyors with many years’ experience. We can give you detailed advice as to whether the Act applies in your particular circumstances. Each situation is unique and must be considered on its own merits. We cannot guarantee to provide all the answers here, but we would be happy to discuss your detailed plans and advise on how the Act may apply to what you propose, initially without charge or obligation.

We have meeting rooms where you can call in and enjoy an informal chat about party wall matters and awards.
Party wall advice
Share by: